RAT Re: Seven Dramaturgs

Just got wind of the 7 Questions from my lonely outpost in Minneapolis and
was finally able to retrieve the magnifical first instalment.  Potent stuff
and way too much for poor off-to-rehearsal me to respond to yet, but I did
need to insert a clarification.  The "epic idea" of the train piece,
attributed to me by my pal Paul, is one I cannot claim.  The concept took
flight in a conversation which, ironically, has been written up in "American
Theatre," which I suppose is not quite the one-minute CNN piece, but which
can be looked up on our own RAT Page Archives (see "A Conference of Rats" by
Mary DeDanan under the 1995 Seattle Conference section).  It's in the first
paragraph, if memory serves, but I must also hasten to correct (five years
later) Mary's references to "old bread heels" and "the last of the butter."
Anyone who has spent five minutes in Allison Narver's mom's house knows full
well that whole loaves of freshly baked bread and plenty of butter are
eternally at hand.

North Country RATs not overwhelmed by Playlabs may enjoy "Punch in America,"
a new musical in progress I supplied the songs for, playing this weekend as
part of the Illusion Theatre's Fresh Ink series, Thu-Sun Aug 3-6.  Ten
bucks.  Also check out venerable RAT Karl Gajdusek's SILVER LAKE at the
Jungle.

Yours,
Chris Jeffries