RAT FW: Work at the Whitney! (for a short time)

This is an opportunity in NY that some of you may find interesting.
Sol Lewitt  asks people to do things like "use 5000 lines to make a drawing"
It's interesting conceptual work....  And if you are out of work, want to do
something a little different, this would be cool to do!

>From:       Veronica Roberts, Curatorial, Whitney Museum
>Subject:    Know anyone who would like to work on the Sol LeWitt show?

I need help in finding enthusiastic hardworking people to help execute Sol
LeWitt's wall drawings for his major retrospective here at the Whitney.
Its a once in a lifetime opportunity--for those of you not familiar with
LeWitt's work, he is a major figure (if not the father of) conceptual
art which celebrates the idea behind a work of art over the object itself.
The committment is intense to get the show up on time--7 days a week, 9-6,
with 2 days off over a roughly 3 week period-- November 13-December 4th.
But if any of you know artists or students or anyone who has free time
on their hands and might be interested--this is a great opportunity. And
unlike all other museum work, it pays relatively well--15$ an hour but
time and a half on weekends. Works out to about $950 or so per week. If
you can think of anyone who might be interested PLEASE pass their name
and number along to me or tell them to call me! We're looking to hire
people in the next 2 weeks.

Any help will be much appreciated. We have a number of leads but this is
the kind of project that depends on word of mouth to succeed. So spread
the word.  Thanks!

V e r o n i c a   R o b e r t s
Whitney Museum, Senior Curatorial Assistant
945 Madison Ave @ 75th St. NY NY 10021
p: 212.570.7709; f: 212.570.4172
veronica_roberts@whitney.org