Re: RAT Theatre in our time.

We have met the audience.
And they is us.
Jonathan

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 19:41:45 -0800 Mike Shapiro <shap@csi.com> writes:
> <resend>
>
> if, as they say, we create God in our own image, perhaps it follows:
>  if the
> audience is King/Queen, maybe we've defined (defiled?) them in some
> unknowingly
> reflective fashion.  just as it's hard to express a new idea for
> which words
> have yet to be formed, perhaps it's likewise improbable that we
> should envision
> and concoct theater for an audience of anyone we haven't, in effect,
> met
> before.  or more to the point, for a house of souls we wouldn't
> choose to go
> drinking with afterward, at least for coffee while it's still kind
> of light
> out.  it's no fun to serve up show-as-medicine, as in "here honey,
> drink this --
>
> it's good for you."
>
> i gotta say, i kind of love big splashy numbers where the women hip
> their hands
> and the men throw their own heavenward.  i tend to buy it.
>
> mike

www.ezrabuzzington.com
To [un]subscribe to the rat-list, send an email to "majordomo@ratconference.com"
with [un]subscribe rat-list" in the body of the message.
For information on other functions send a message containing the word
"help" to the same address. Do not use quotes in your message.
------
You may also [un]subscribe on the web at http://www.ratconference.com/cgi-bin/web_domo.pl?list=rat-list