Re: RAT Road Rambling and Rants/uh uh

Clarification:The Mark taper Forum is definitely an "institution. In no way
RAT. But RATS do work there. (maybe 2 or 3)To my knowledge  the on line
collaboration had no money involved. there was no commission. The stationary
the cover letter was written on may be taper but the effort was independent
of the institutuion other than it was being scammed and used as the dog it
often is. The Scam was that caridad put it together while she had her writer
in residence status for the year. Thus she had the time and the equipment to
see this project onto paper. My guess is that this work may never have found
any life in the short term unless rats were coming to LA at this time. The
fact that the institution had to be credited as "developed with the support
of" is just another rat scam. Just like  Bottom's Dream has to credit the
city of culver city for the semi free use of The Ivy Substation. That's the
payoff. They get connected. But the hand that reaches is reaching towards us.
Not the other way. Once again I want to  keep up with the Jones. Stations of
Desire comes to us as good solid work. It cost us no money. But it did cost
someone else and in this instance it may have been an institution. But we are
reading it and discovering it first. I bet Erik and octavio got more for
their commission of Shiner than the 13 playwrights that collaborated on
Stations of Desire. Undermain is known for commissions won in bowling matches
but just because this work comes from the hands of a worker at an
institution, doesn't discount it. after all, who is in posession of the work?
And Octavio has had his work commissioned by the South Coast Rep. a big white
institution., that probably helped him spend some time working in dallas.
Does The American Living Room series get contaminated because it has an
affiliation with Lincoln center.? does that diminish Tiny Mythic.? I piss on
a lot of things but I am not afraid of being supported as i do so.. as long
as my stream rambles straight and from inside me, I'm still pissing.