Re: RAT internet

>To all of you innovative theatres who are already online, are you paying
>outrageous 'business phone rates' when you're online?  Is there an
>alternative?  Our first phone bill after going online is hundreds of
>dollars, due to online minutes.  Not from Mind Spring, our server, but from
>our phone company, Pac Bell.  How are other small theatres doing it?  Any
>suggestions?
>
>Jay McAdams
>24th Street Theatre, Los Angeles
>glorioustheatre@earthlink.net

 Well,

 I had this problem, but on a personal, not a buisness basis. !) Find out
if the dialup # for your ISP (in this case, earthlink) is , in fact, a
local call.. If it is not-- if it is "out of your calling area"- see if you
can find a number that isn't.

If not, switch ISP's.

 In any case, you should be able to negotiate with Pac Bell and
 MindSpring, explain  the problem, and either have the phone co.  take it
off your bill or MindSpring reimburse you for not giving you a local
number.....Use the" new to this" defense. Good luck.

--brad