Re: RAT Re: "Dancing Bear" posts

>I Don't, offhand, recall the exlaination of biases you refer to;
>perhaps you could find it in the Ratbase and send it to me, since you seem
>to be so familiar with it ?

Actually, mate, in my view you don't need to look beyond your own post:

My
>issue was Nick's claim of the Ratbase being 'for the Rat's' and 'of the
>Rats', the assertion being that it was a representation of 'Rat' thought and
>history based on 'editorial choice'; he himself is , yse, very upfront that
>the editor made a choice and wound up quoting Erik and NIck primarily. I
>only asked what criteria was used.

"The editor made a choice and wound up quoting Erik and Nick primarily"
is a clear-cut enough "explanation" for me, though not, I guess, for
everyone.  They went through and picked out the quotes they liked the
best, and that's how it shook out.  I'm satisfied.  You're right, more
specific criteria behind those choices are not "spelled out" as I
implied.  My bad.  I wasn't looking for that kind of justification
because I don't find anything spooky about their project being guided by
personal preference; nor do I see calling it "for/of the RATs" as a
contradiction.  Shrug.  Others may disagree or find issues where they
will; have at it.

Gropes-
Chris