RAT THEATRE PROJECT NEWS

ELD OVER!

"KING OF KINGS AND I" ...extended through November 20th, 1999.

The current run of Jaffe Cohen in "The King Of Kings and I" has been
extended for two additional weeks, through November 20, 1999.

Theatre Project presents Jaffe Cohen in "The King of Kings and I"
October 28 - November 20, 1999.  Performances are Thursday through
Saturday at 8PM. Tickets are $15 general admission (all seats). THEATRE
PROJECT, 45 W. PRESTON STREET (across Cathedral Street from the
Meyerhoff Symphony Hall) BALTIMORE. Call 410-752-8558.

Media Sponsor: The Baltimore Alternative.

About the production: The King of Kings and I is Jaffe Cohen's touching
and comedic coming-of-age story.  Cohen was born and raised in Brooklyn
until the neighborhood went into decline and his family moved to a
primarily Catholic enclave farther out on Long Island.  Cohen's
subsequent flirtation with Christianity and his own youthful anxieties
about his homosexuality are humorously related in The King of Kings and
I.  Bay Area Reporter (San Francisco) said, "How unfortunate for us that
Jaffe Cohen's The King of Kings and I has left us so quickly... Each
part of his tale is as funny and poignant as the last... Cohen is not
just funny, he's fun to watch." The Los Angeles Times said, "Whether you
are gay or straight, Jewish, Christian or unaffiliated, this show will
tickle you pink."

About the Artist:  "If I wasn't gay, I'd be just one more little Jewish
comic with glasses" says Jaffe Cohen of himself.   The Los Angeles Times
said, "Jaffe Cohen is a comedian's comedian, one with plenty of wit and
unerring comic timing.  A gay Jew, Cohen has a hybrid style of humor --
part Borscht Belt, part quiche, with a belt of new age thrown into the
mix."  Jaffe Cohen last performed in Baltimore as one third of the Funny
Gay Males, which set a box office record at Theatre Project in 1992.
Since then he has garnered considerable acclaim for his writing, theatre
and film work.  Mr. Cohen appeared in the independent feature, We're
Funny That Way, and in James Brooks' film, As Good As It Gets. Following
an Off-Broadway run, The King of Kings and I has played in cities
throughout the country.