RAT Seattle Fringe Info

Yo Rats: Some tasty tidbits from the Seattle fringe.

1) The Seattle Fringe Festival is holding auditions for its 10th
Annual Festival, Unsinkable Fringe, March 9-19, 2000. Auditions will be
held at Fringe headquarters, 7400 Sand Point Way NE, Building 30, in the
old Sand Point Naval Base, on Saturday Dec. 11 from 2-7 PM and Sunday Dec.
12 from 2-9 PM.  Send a resume & head shot to Seattle Fringe Festival,
Att'n: Fringe Auditions, 7400 Sand Point Way, Bldg. 30, Seattle, WA,
98115, stating your preferred day/times to audition, & we'll call you with
an audition time.

2) SFF is also holding a fabulous holiday benefit event on Monday, Dec.
13, in ACT's Bullitt Cabaret, with classic christmasy dramatic readings
and delectable treats from Mangetout catering. Come out, wear your holiday
sparkles, celebrate, & support the Seattle Fringe. Tickets are
$35 a person before December1, $45 a person after.  I know, I know, it's
pricey, but it's for a very worthy cause: one of the four nonjuried fringe
festivals in the US.  Plus it's gonna be fun!  Call (206) 526-1959 for
tickets.

3) Want to meet artists from out of town? SFF has several companies from
the US and Canada who'd love to stay with you.  Most are very small, just
1 or 2 people, and they tend to be very respectful and undemanding.  If
you can find the space in your home & heart to share a room or futon with
a visiting artist or two, you'll earn our and their eternal gratitude, as
well as 6 comp tickets to the Fringe shows of your choice.  Most companies
stay from about March 8-March 20, some shorter.  If you would like to help
billet these itinerant artists, please call me, Wes Middleton, at (206)
526-1959, & I'll kiss your hospitable toes!

Thanks much o ratty ones!

Wes Middleton
SFF